Taborian Hospital - Mound bayou, ms
Construction began on the Taborian Hospital in 1940 by McKissak & McKissak, the first African-American owner architecture and engineering firm in the United States. Recognized as the first HMO, the hospital was built by the Twelve Knights and Daughters of Tabor for $100,000, and served as the primary healthcare provider for African-Americans in the Delta. With 2 or 3 doctors on staff at a time, all African-American, the hospital had an x-ray room, sterilizer, incubators, two major operating rooms, and electrocardiograph, a blood bank, and a laboratory. The Taborian Hospital is leased to the city of Mound Bayou.